You are invited to the photo workshop “To Be 20 in Hanoi”, taking place from May 15 to May 21, 2019 at The French Cultural Institution in Hanoi L’Espace. The workshop is part of a series of photography programs organized by L’Espace in May.
The workshop encourages participants to express their ideas and emotions on the theme of being 20 in Hanoi, using photography as a tool.
The tutors will support participants in building a visual story. By working on a photo series, participants will enhance their own way of looking and reflecting on their personal experience.
About the tutors:
– Binh Dang is an editorial and commercial photographer, whose personal works focus on social implications or explore his private thoughts.
– Mai Nguyen Anh is a Vietnamese visual artist whose works are often a mixture of observational and poetic documentary, enriched by personal significance and contemporary issues.
– Nicolas Cornet is a photographer, journalist and publisher. He has been sharing his time between Vietnam and Europe since 1987.
This workshop is free of charge, offered by L’Espace. Each participant will have to cover their own expenses.
– The workshop is receiving applications until Tuesday, May 08, 2019.
– Wednesday, May 15: General meeting at 4th floor, L’Espace, 24 Trang Tien.
– Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17: Photo marathon.
– Monday May 20 & Tuesday May 21: Editing
How to participate:
Participants must be living in Hanoi, aged from 18 to 30 and have basic knowledge about photography. Please note that the workshop will be limited to 15 participants so you should be able to commit your time to guarantee the quality of the final output.
Please fill in the application form, including your personal information, a series of 15 images and links to social media (optional). The form will close after receiving 15 applications.
The works made during the workshop will be published online, exhibited in the library of L’Espace and at Matca Space of Photography.